Political Philosophy on Regulatory Economics - Dictionary of Arguments
Mause I 378f
Regulatory Economics/Political Theory: Economically oriented political science is primarily interested in interventions that are not justified by dysfunctionalities, but it is about the realization of overarching social, i.e. public welfare-oriented goals.
Mause I 379
Regulation/Regulatory Economics/Political theory: based on Theodore J. Lowi's distinction between four policy areas a) distributive, b) redistributive, c) regulative, c) constitutive policies (1), state regulation is discussed by these authors: competition law: (Windhoff-Héritier 1987, p. 40) (2), regulatory state: (Majone 1994) (3), regulatory governance: (Eckert 2011 (4); Levi-Faur 2007 (5) regulatory capitalism: (Braithwaite 2008; Levi-Faur and Jordana 2005) (6). See also Politics/Lowi.
1. Theodore J. Lowi, 1972. Four systems of policy, politics, and choice. Public Administration Review 32 (4): 298– 310.
2. Windhoff-Héritier, Adrienne, Policy Analyse – Eine Einführung. Frankfurt/ New York 1987
3. Majone, Giandomenico. 1994. The rise of the regulatory state in Europe. West European Politics 17( 3): 77– 101.
4. Eckert, Sandra. 2011. European regulatory governance. In Handbook on the politics of regulation, Hrsg. David Levi-Faur, 513– 524. Cheltenham:
5. Levi-Faur, David, Regulatory governance. In Europeanization. New research agendas, Hrsg. Paolo Graziano und Maarten P. Vink, 102– 114. Basingstoke 2007.
6. Braithwaite, John, Regulatory capitalism. How it works, ideas for making it work better. Cheltenham 2008._____________Explanation of symbols: Roman numerals indicate the source, arabic numerals indicate the page number. The corresponding books are indicated on the right hand side. ((s)…): Comment by the sender of the contribution. Translations: Dictionary of Arguments The note [Author1]Vs[Author2] or [Author]Vs[term] is an addition from the Dictionary of Arguments. If a German edition is specified, the page numbers refer to this edition.
Politik und Wirtschaft: Ein integratives Kompendium Wiesbaden 2018